Southern Pecan Pie
- Pie crust, partially baked, then cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, if using unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 4 Tablespoons rum (at least 1 Tablespoon; or could use 1T vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine and beat thoroughly all the ingredients except the pecans and rum.
- Stir in the pecans and rum.
- Fill the pie shell, and bake 40 to 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the filling comes out clean.