Rosemary Roast Chicken
- Chicken, about 6 lbs of thighs
- Fresh rosemary, several sprigs
- Oregano, powdered, 1 T
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Onions, 2 small yellow
- Celery, 4 stalks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken including under the skin, drain, and place pieces into two large casserole dishes.
- Finely chop the rosemary, and sprinkle over chicken. Sprinkle oregano, salt, & pepper over chicken.
- Chop onions and celery into small pieces and scatter over chicken.
- Bake for an hour. At 40 minutes, pull casseroles out of oven and baste the chicken with the juices that have accumulated below.
- Pull out of oven, and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
I served this with Ginger Carrots and with biscuits. Usually, I would do mashed potatoes, instead of biscuits, and make gravy. But this time, the biscuits were delicious dipped in the chicken broth, even without making a gravy.
- carrots, 1/2 lb, snack size
- Ginger, 1 to 2 T
- Honey, 1 to 2 T
- Butter, 1 to 2 T
- In a microwave dish, stir all ingredients together, and cover dish.
- Microwave 3 minutes on high, stir, then microwave 2 minutes, stir.
- Remove cover and microwave 1 minute to thicken sauce.