Here it is, ready to go in the oven for 12 minutes:
Here's what the whole meal looks like, if you were to come to dinner at our house -- help yourself!
- Organic broccoli steamed in the microwave, drained, then tossed with olive oil, Trader Joe's 21 seasons blend, salt & pepper, and Parmesan
- A grain blend from Trader Joe's with orzo and other goodies (cooked like rice, it takes about 10 min)
And here's how to make the salmon:
- Salmon -- about 6 oz per person -- I used two medium fillets for my family, and we had leftovers
- Red onion -- half -- sliced thinly, then roughly chopped
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Pesto sauce, 1/2 cup (or a blend of basil, olive oil, salt & pepper, and Parmesan)
- Olive oil, 2 T (or avocado oil, or other healthy oil)
- Lemon juice, half or whole lemon, to taste
Thaw salmon if frozen, either overnight in the fridge, or soaked in its package in a sink of cold water for about 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pull out all your ingredients, your chopping board, and knife.
Peel and cut the red onion in half and slice one of the halves very thinly, then chop the slices roughly -- see the photo. (I chopped the other half up and stored it in the fridge for later use on salads, etc.) It needs to be thinly sliced because it won't be cooked long
Remove salmon from packet and rinse in cold water; drip dry for a moment. Lay in a casserole dish of about 9 x 12 inches.
Blend pesto sauce, oil, and lemon juice, then pour over salmon. Sprinkle onion over salmon. Add cherry tomatoes beside the salmon.
Bake for 12 minutes, test for desired doneness by checking the center -- my family prefers it just cooked, barely flaking, not dried out.